I’m gonna teach you how to Train your dog to come. It’s the second important training mentioned in obedience training. You should have trained your dog to sit before you start this training.
Controlling a dog who hasn’t learned obedience commands will be tough, sometimes impossible. Teaching your dog 5 simple commands may make your world different and your bonding last-long.
Remember a puppy won’t be in attention for a long time, their attention span is very low. Expecting your puppy to be in attention for a long period is unreasonable. First keep your sessions short to minimize distraction’s and keep your dog’s attention. Gradually increase the training period day by day.
LIST OF OBEDIENCE COMMAND’S
WHAT ARE YOU GONNA TEACH TODAY – TRAIN A DOG TO come
You are going to teach your dog to come (The second obedience command) on command following this simple strategy. Come is also an easiest skill to teach.
How to train your dog to come
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TRAIN A DOG TO Come
- A box of dog biscuits or treat – Choostix Biskies. (That your dog loves)
- Place with less distractions.
- Finally, Patience.
how to train your dog to come
- Take your dog to the place with less distraction.
- Ask him to come.
- Take the treat and Move away from him.
- Show him the treat and tell “Come’in clear voice. Associate an action when you call ask to come.
- When he comes near praise him and give the treat.
- Repeat the training with longer distance and later move on to the place’s with distractions and train him there.
A day must have minimum of 2 sessions (upto 5 days is enough for some dogs). Repeat the training daily and you’r dog will learn to Come on command. Give him a treat when ever he obey’s your command (up to 3 or 4 months). This will make him remember the command for a long-time.
After your dog learnt to come move on to teach you dog/puppy the next obedience training – Stay.